These lemongrass pork chops are a less-processed version of a Wegmans recipe. The original recipe used a lemongrass paste full of fillers - this is a little cleaner! This healthy recipe is full of protein, vegetables, probiotics, and amazing Asian flavors. It's a perfect summer recipe to try on the grill, or make indoors on the stove! You can use bone-in or boneless chops - I just happened to have boneless on hand! Make sure to adjust your cooking times accordingly :)
Prep Time: 1 hour
(Including minimum marinating time)
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
For the pork:
1 lime, juiced
4 Tbsp organic coconut palm sugar
3 Tbsps hot water
1/2 shallot, finely chopped
4 Tbsp fish sauce (be sure to read the label and get one without filler ingredients!)
1 tsp Sriracha hot chili sauce
2 sticks of fresh lemongrass
1/2 cup cold water
2 pastured boneless pork chops
For the side salad:
2 cups of organic fresh spinach
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of organic kimchi (I used Ozuke)
- To make the marinade, combine the lime juice, coconut palm sugar, hot water, chopped shallots, fish sauce, and Sriracha sauce in a bowl. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Set the bowl in the fridge to chill.
- In a blender, combine the lemongrass sticks and cold water. Blend until pureed. I used a Ninja smoothie blender for this.
- Take out the bowl of marinade and add the lemongrass puree. Add pork chops to the bowl, making sure the chops are submerged in the marinade. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a cast iron grill skillet on a burner on high. Reduce the heat to medium and sear each chop on the skillet for about 7-10 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the chop, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees (check by inserting a meat thermometer halfway into thickest part of meat).
- Transfer chops to platter; let rest 10 min.
- While the meat rests, toss the spinach, olive oil, and kimchi the spinach together bowl and divide the salad on two plates. When the meat is ready, slice into 1/2-inch thick slices and add to the plates. Enjoy!
Makes 2 servings.
Portion Fix Containers: 1 red, 1 green, 2 tsp.