I love making shrimp scampi because it makes me feel fancy. But it doesn't take too long to make! Made with coconut oil & spiralized zucchini, this much lighter version of the classic dish will align with your health goals. But don't worry, it still feels decadent.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin coconut oil
6 cloves garlic, finely minced (Wegmans sells jars of minced garlic)
2 cups of spiralized zucchini (Wegmans also sells zoodles already made!)
10 oz. of cooked frozen shrimp
Dried parsley flakes
Crushed red pepper flakes
1. Run cold water over the cooked frozen shrimp until thawed. Remove tails of shrimp. Set shrimp aside.
2. To make tasty zoodles, you first have to draw the moisture from the vegetable: Place the zoodles on paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt. Put another paper towel on top. Let sit for 15 minutes. Then, change the top paper towel and roll up the zoodles, wringing out excess moisture.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a skillet on the stove over medium heat.
4. Add the zoodles to the pan and sauté for a few minutes, gently stirring until soft.
5. Remove zoodles from the pan and set aside in two dishes to serve.
6. Add garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes.
7. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
8. Place the shrimp over the zoodles. Sprinkle with dried parsley and red pepper flakes to tast.
Makes two servings.
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 red, 1 green, 1 tsp.