This is one of my GO-TO recipes for a fast, healthy meal that even picky eaters will enjoy! It's something I developed in college (did I mention it's pretty cheap, too?) but my fiance and I eat it pretty regularly. I've also meal prepped this ahead of time and had it for lunches at work.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
For the chicken:
2 thin chicken breasts
1 cup of freshly made pico de gallo, divided (I use the kind made by Wegmans!)
2/3 cup of shredded taco cheese, divided
For the lime crema:
1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1/2 a lime
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick oil (I use spray coconut oil) and place the chicken in the dish.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. While the chicken is baking, squeeze the juice of half a lime into Greek yogurt and stir. Set aside.
5. When the chicken is done, remove the pan and top each breast with 1/3 cup of shredded cheese.
6. Place the dish back in the over for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
7. When the cheese has melted, remove the baking dish. Plate the chicken and top each serving with 1/2 cup of fresh pico de gallo. Dollop the lime crema on top or on the side.
Makes two servings.
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 red, 1 blue, & 1 green
If I'm meal prepping this ahead of time, I just bake the chicken & melt the cheese. I keep the pico and the crema separate. Then, when I'm ready to eat, I just microwave the chicken/cheese combo and then top with the pico and crema. Delish!